KIRKWOOD (WBNG) — Broome County District Attorney Steve Cornwell, New York State Police, SIU and Johnson City Police Chief Brent Dodge on Wednesday announced details of a major weapons bust in Broome County, resulting in the arrest of one man and the seizure of numerous weapons.
In a news conference, authorities said Ramadan Abdullah, 65, has been charged the following:
– Four counts, criminal possession of a weapon, second degree, class C felony
– Criminal possession of a weapon, third degree, class D felony
– Criminal possession of stolen property, fifth degree, class A misdemeanor
Officials said that Abdullah was arrested by Johnson City police on May 31 for shoplifting ammunition from Gander Mountain. According to the Broome County District Attorney’s Office, when a search warrant was executed on Abdullah’s storage unit in the town of Union, the following items were recovered:
– Four loaded handguns
– Eight assault weapons
– 64 high-capacity ammunition feeding devices
– One loaded shotgun
– Two rifles
– Thousands of rounds of ammunition for rifles, pistols and assault weapons, including .50 caliber armor piercing incendiary rounds, numerous firearm parts and flak jackets.
According to the DA’s office, search warrants were also executed at additional properties tied to Abdullah, resulting in the seizure of:
– Numerous rounds of .38 caliber ammunition
– High-capacity ammunition feeding devices and ammunition
– An additional loaded firearm
According to officials, Abullah was sent to the Broome County Jail to wait for arraignment.